Motivation:
Camp Experiences
Learning Objectives:
Level 3
- Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
- Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
Level 4
- Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
- Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
Learning goals:
- To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
- A variety of sentence starters
- A variety of sentence lengths
- Edit and rework
- Effective peer checking and feedback
Splish!, Splosh! As I Splash through the cold, grimy water, Blake, Latte, and I were pushing each other around in the water. "Ahhh!" we screamed as the algie filled river tickled at our legs and the freezing cold water soaked our clothes and shoes. Squelch!, Squelch! It felt like we had been walking for ages, eventually we got back to camp. Our first activity is the water slide.
As I sat down on the water slide, I could feel the water spurting out of the pipe that was attached to the slide. I pushed my-self down the slide, in no time water was spaying up in my face. Almost blinded I kept going down the slope until I could feel that I was sliding straight into a massive puddle. Splash!
I hit the water at the bottom and I suddenly stoped. Exhilarated, I climbed back up the hill to the top, and then the whole thing started again.
Me and my group started to build a raft, after about thirty minutes we had finished. We had been tying bits of rope to small rafts and then we tied five of the rafts together and then we were ready to test them on the water. Once we got the raft to the water hole I got dressed into my togs. First we pushed our raft into the green, murky water. The sun was blocked out by the dark clouds. And there was a cold breeze that made the leaves start dancing on the trees gracefully. As me and Blake carefully stepped into the cold water, I slipped on slippery rock that was covered in algae. After floating around in the water for a few minutes, Josh came and pushed us off and stole it. But in no time we got it back to shore. After that me and my team disassembled our raft and moved on to the next activity(kayaking).
Once I got into my kayak I started paddling furiously to where we were meeting our instructor, in an open body of water. When I got there our instructor told us to line up our kayaks to play piano tiles with the kayaks.We had to stand on up on our kayaks and run across them and come back. When I tried, I fell off and hit my head on a kayak.After that we played a game called shark, and if he/she tips your boat you become in as well.Next we just got a bit of free time to paddle around and race each other.When we had to put the kayaks back I parked it perfectly.
I hit the water at the bottom and I suddenly stoped. Exhilarated, I climbed back up the hill to the top, and then the whole thing started again.
Me and my group started to build a raft, after about thirty minutes we had finished. We had been tying bits of rope to small rafts and then we tied five of the rafts together and then we were ready to test them on the water. Once we got the raft to the water hole I got dressed into my togs. First we pushed our raft into the green, murky water. The sun was blocked out by the dark clouds. And there was a cold breeze that made the leaves start dancing on the trees gracefully. As me and Blake carefully stepped into the cold water, I slipped on slippery rock that was covered in algae. After floating around in the water for a few minutes, Josh came and pushed us off and stole it. But in no time we got it back to shore. After that me and my team disassembled our raft and moved on to the next activity(kayaking).
Once I got into my kayak I started paddling furiously to where we were meeting our instructor, in an open body of water. When I got there our instructor told us to line up our kayaks to play piano tiles with the kayaks.We had to stand on up on our kayaks and run across them and come back. When I tried, I fell off and hit my head on a kayak.After that we played a game called shark, and if he/she tips your boat you become in as well.Next we just got a bit of free time to paddle around and race each other.When we had to put the kayaks back I parked it perfectly.
Cooper, welldone using some clear adjectives to start your writing and draw the reader in. Fantastic work creating a piece that the reader can visualise as they go. Your next step is to link your paragraphs together in a seamless manner so that everything flows well.
ReplyDelete_ Miss Lamond